Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Is This The Face of a Thief?

What do you think? Is this the face of a thief?

Yesterday I threw the kids in the car to make a mad-dash to the mall to find an Easter dress for Sarah. (Can you make a mad-dash to the MALL with 3 small children? I don't think so!) We raced around the mall while I dressed and undressed Sarah in various dresses in the middle of the stores (poor girl!). Thank goodness the Easter Bunny was there with goodies to hand out . . . which is a great bribe for little children being dragged around a place they don't even want to be. (The Easter Bunny is actually a little scary. Sarah kept as wide a distance as possible from him, and Jonah started crying.) I was pushing Jonah around in the stroller while I ran, paying very little attention to him, when I looked down and noticed my 1-year old son had shoplifted a pair of shorts from the previous store! Ahh! I grabbed the kids and dashed back across the mall, to the store where the shorts belonged, and apologized to the store clerk for my small thief! I guess I should pay better attention to ALL of my children and what they're getting their little hands into!

No comments: