Friday, September 11, 2009
1st Day of School
And so it begins . . . the stage of life with school-age children! I have been waiting for this stage for YEARS! I've been dreaming of volunteering in my children's classrooms so that I can be back in the school setting, but as a parent this time. We are LOVING school! The kids love school, I love the routine, we love the little walk to and from the school, and I love that Jacob is only gone half the day right now. What will I do next year when he's gone ALL day?
Here is Jacob ready for his first day of Kindergarten! He loves his teacher and friends. He's convinced he's the smartest in the class because he's the oldest! No harm in letting him think that! We'll hope for self-fulfilling expectations. After much stress, prayer, discussion, reading research, and pulling my hair out only to be replaced by grays we finally decided to put him in the French-immersion program being started at the school. I'm sure my neighbors are all shaking their heads at my reluctance and then change of heart. They all recognized the great opportunity before them and had their kids in MONTHS ago . But me, no, I had to make it HARD, just like I do with everything. Now I love it, am grateful we put Jacob in it, and HE loves it! We can't wait to hear him speaking fluent French! Too bad Mom and Dad can't help him at home. Our instructions from the teacher were if you can't speak French, then DON'T try! It's exciting and we look forward to what will come of it.
Sarah started her first day of preschool this week! It's so hard for Sarah sometimes to compete with the exciting life Jacob leads as the oldest child with all the new experiences. I'm so grateful to finally have something just for Sarah to look forward to and report on! She's so happy and begs to go every day! Too bad Sarah's and Jacob's schedules don't coincide a little better. Jonah and I get a very brief 20 minutes of alone time. Oh well. It'll be better next year. The important thing is that Jacob and Sarah love school and they're having successful experiences!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment