A couple of weeks ago I took Sarah for her Kindergarten check-up, which, of course, included shots. It was so fun to watch her interact with the nurses and doctors with her darling, happy little personality. We've gotten so accustomed to her zest for life at home, sometimes we forget how endearing it is. So when the nurse gave Sarah her vision test and asked her to identify shapes of various sizes on a black and white chart, instead of just saying "star," Sarah saw a "very bright shiny star!" And the obvious "moon" shape was a "yummy banana" to her. During her exam with the doctor he couldn't help but smile as she skipped and jumped around the room while singing. And when it came time for her shots, she giggled instead of cried! For that the nurse gave her a fist full of stickers. After her appointment I took Sarah to Jason's Deli for lunch for being so brave. She wanted to go there because of the free all-you-can-eat ice cream after her bowl of macaroni and cheese.
I love our little Sarah! She's so happy and a little flighty that I sometimes find I don't give her enough credit for being as smart as she is. It was so fun to have some Mommy/Daughter time with my only little girl. I look forward to many more of those times to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment