Thursday, August 5, 2010
Happy Birthday Sarah!!!
Sarah turned 5 years old last week! I can't believe it! She is our only girl, our little princess, and Daddy's "Sweatpea." She is quick to share, very loving, affectionate, girly, and a great helper. Sarah LOVES to give kisses (which I kind of hope she outgrows in the next 10 years), but we love them now! Happy Birthday, Sarah! We love you!
Sarah got a princess laptop from Mom & Dad. She loves it! I usually know exactly what I'm getting the kids for gifts weeks before their birthdays. But I've been so focused on planning her 1st friend party and just plain surviving life that I found myself wandering around Toys R Us in a complete fog of exhaustion the night before her birthday, calling Brandon on my cell phone, and asking him what to get her for a gift. Great call, Daddy! She loves it!
Sarah got baby clothes from Grandma & Grandpa, and baby accessories from Nanny and Papa. Now that we have our own baby, Sarah really wants to do what Mommy does with her baby.
Sarah had her 1st friend party! She chose to have a purse party. Honestly, Sarah is SO easy to please that she didn't care what kind of party we had. She was just happy to get a party. Jacob, on the other hand, is a totally opposite story! I just called my sister-in-law up, asked her what parties she's done, copied her outline, and I was done! It's so great to have such an organized sister-in-law! Thanks, Shauna! We kept the party small and simple for my own sanity. There were lots of girls we could have invited, but due to my level of exhaustion and the emotional scarring that Brandon and I endured from Jacob's last party 2 years ago when he turned 5, we kept things VERY simple. I have to say, these girls were a delight and Brandon and I have recovered significantly from our past nightmarish experience!
I don't know what it is about parties, but I say party and my kids say pinata! I ran off with Sarah to a couple of stores the night before her party in a desperate, last minute attempt to find a pinata. Wouldn't you know they had Spider man, jeeps, balls of all kinds, pirates, ships, and all manner of pinatas for boys? But NOTHING for girls! So, yes, we got a Mexican burro! That's the great thing about Sarah! She's happy with anything. It's a pinata, and that's all she wanted. "We'll just call it a pony, Mommy," is what she said. And a pony it was! None of the girls even cared. Normally, "Uptight Amanda" would have search store after store for the perfect pinata. But I just don' t have the energy to do it, so I let it go and bought our rainbow pony pinata! Isn't my niece, Emma cute? She's the one that finally put a little muscle into it and busted the pinata open.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love the Mexican burro. Isn't it the traditional pinata shape? It's hilarious what you can get away with when kids are 5. Love it!
And happy birthday to Sweet Sarah!
Post a Comment