Then Brandon and I went out for our Valentine's date . . . dinner & errands. How romantic. But just being together without the interruption of little voices IS romantic these days!
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Happy Valentine's Day
Our Valentine's started out early this year with a fabulous surprise package from Grandma! Too bad I didn't get a picture of it! The kids were ecstatic with their Pez and fun surprises. I even got some Valentine's socks! Thanks, Grandma! We sure love surprises!
Then Brandon and I went out for our Valentine's date . . . dinner & errands. How romantic. But just being together without the interruption of little voices IS romantic these days!
On Valentine's Day I decided to make Foods We Love. I guess since I comfort & reward myself with food, it only makes sense to me to show my love with food. Blueberry muffins & eggs were for breakfast. On a school day? That's unheard of for Mommy to wake up early enough to actually MAKE breakfast at our house. Sad, huh?
Happy heart sandwiches for lunch!
Sweet & sour meatballs for dinner!
And a Valentine's cookie cake for dessert. Boy, I haven't made one of these for at least 8 or 9 years. Poor Jacob ended up with the stomach flu right in the middle of his class party! Luckily it was a quick flu!
This is just about the one craft I know how to make. The kids and I spent Friday afternoon before Valentine's making these chocolate Kiss flowers for their teachers. It kept them busy for a whole afternoon, so I guess it was a hit!
The kids each got a book for their Valentine's from Mom & Dad. They were all thrilled with their books and individual boxes of chocolates (Jonah ate his whole box in one sitting). Brandon gave me a dozen beautiful roses and chocolates as well. Here's to trying to create some fun family traditions. We'll see how long they last!
Then Brandon and I went out for our Valentine's date . . . dinner & errands. How romantic. But just being together without the interruption of little voices IS romantic these days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cute ideas! Love the kiss roses for teachers; might have to steal that one.
Post a Comment