When I went in to wake Jonah up the other morning he said, "Mommy, please snuggle me one minute?" as he holds up his little finger indicating one. (I love how he says that. I'm going to miss it when his language becomes a little better.)
So I laid down beside him, our heads together gazing into each other's eyes, a rare moment of sustained beautiful eye contact for Jonah which I was trying to soak in. I whispered, "Jonah, I love you. You're my favorite Jonah ever!"
As we enjoyed this intimate moment, Jonah whispered back, "Mommy?"
"Yes, Jonah," I answered anticipating a reciprocal "I love you" back.
"Can I see the goobers in your nose? There's hair up there. That's yucky."
Ahh, so much for our intimate moment. I don't know if I'll ever understand how his little mind works, but I'll love him forever and I'm so glad he's mine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
HILARIOUS! Love this story. Cute boy.
I love it!
Post a Comment