Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Get-Away

Last week I went with my 3 sisters-in-law and mother-in-law on a girls' get-away!!! I am so grateful that we all get along so well, and can enjoy these little yearly trips. Donna treated us all to a Melting Pot dinner . . . yummy! I definitely overate, but it was worth every bite. The Melting Pot is probably my favorite restaurant!

We stayed at the Hampton Inn, compliments of my frequent traveling brother-in-law! We all packed games and snacks for the evening, but after that HUGE 4 course meal we just laid around the room and talked. I have to say, I just LOVE sisters! Counting my sisters and the in-laws I have 7 wonderful sisters whom I all adore! What a blessing they are in my life!

As the mothers of little children and one very busy mom-in-law, we all relished in the opportunity to sleep in the next morning WITHOUT interruption! Hmm, it felt SO good to be able to lay in bed without little voices asking, "Mom, when are you going to get out of bed? I'm hungry!" We enjoyed a leisurely continental breakfast at the hotel, visited some more (we all live by each other, how could we possibly have so much to talk about?), and then left to do some shopping!

We didn't plan anything grand or big, it's just nice to get-away! I so enjoy the company of wonderful women!

And I have to be sure to thank the super dad who fed the kids, got Jacob to preschool on time WITH show-n-tell, remembered to pick Jacob up from preschool, and even fixed Sarah's hair for the day in piggy tails! And the whole time I was away instead of saying, "Hurry home," I heard, "I hope you're having a great time. Enjoy yourself! You deserve it!" What a great man I've married!

I'm always amazed at how fast the time flies during our retreat. Maybe we should stay an extra day or go more frequently? I don't know . . . that may be pushing my luck!

3 comments:

mahina said...

it's these sorts of outings that i so look forward to with our 4 girls!

you do deserve it!

Asherbie said...

Some of my neighborhood girls and I just had a girls night, too! Red velvet cupcakes, talking about the stupidity\addiction of the "Bachelor" and watching a great movie... I needed it. By the way, rent "Penelope"... it's super cute!

Kimber said...

That WAS so much fun to be together with all the girls, and I too am grateful that we all get along. So, in my busy, stressed out life right now, would you mind if I just copied this post for my own journal/blog? Seriously, I don't know when I will ever have time to get my blog updated again.