Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spring Fever

Boy, do I have spring fever! Last week was GORGEOUS with the sun shining and the temperatures warm enough you almost didn't even need a jacket. The kids have been playing outside, taking their loud, little voices out with them (yeah!)! They bring the mud back in with them, but that scrubs out (thankfully, I was wondering there for a minute). I started running again last week and found my spirits lifted by the fresh air and sunshine. My husband and kids were rejoicing that their happy mommy had returned again!

But last night the weatherman reminded me that we live in Utah, where the weather changes as quickly and often as my kids' moods. Mother Nature can be cruel sending a snow storm to us now in March! It's to be expected, I guess. I should probably be grateful for the relief sent last week instead of grouching over the impending storm. But I've tasted the spring now, and I don't want to go back. It means pulling back out the hats and gloves, and spending lots of time dressing and undressing kids. It means loud, little voices inside my house again. It means running through the slushy streets trying not to slip and fall (because a broken leg in a cast will definitely not help with my diet/exercise plan) while cars spray you while you wear your tight, unforgiving spandex for warmth.

Spring! Where are you? Come back to me soon . . . please!

1 comment:

mahina said...

that's why we are loving albuquerque right now!

your running comment reminded me...the other day i was looking into joining a gym. when i left the gym in my car i clocked the distance and began dreaming about running to the gym to workout. it was 3.5 miles which is doable, but then i realized that i didn't have your car at the gym waiting for me to drive home after the workout. then i was sad we weren't neighbors! that was the best set up we had, huh? that was also the best shape i've ever been in!! *sigh*