Friday, February 26, 2010
2010 Olympics
I don't know if anyone else has been watching the Olympics, but I'm always inspired by the stories of these amazing athletes! And, of course, the women's figure skating is always a favorite. I stayed up late last night watching it with Brandon. We've actually had too many late nights lately watching the Olympics together, which has been so much fun! I have to admit that I rooted for Kim Yu-Na from South Korea. She broke the world record with her high score, skated so beautifully, and after all the pressure her country puts on her I'm glad she could return home with her head held high. And I desperately wanted Joannie Rochette from Canada to get a medal after her courageous performances following her mother's sudden death only 2 short days before her first performance! I know this broke an American streak of a woman from the USA being on the medal's stand for something like 40 years straight, but the girls from the USA this year are so young and have many Olympics ahead of them. All of the women skated better than I ever remember seeing anyone skate in the Olympics before. These athletes train so hard for these brief moments that determine so much. I'm grateful for their examples, determination, and how they overcome so much of their own adversity in their lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I saw Ms. Kim's performance and commented that I thought it was the most perfect and beautiful skating I've ever seen. I'm glad the judges agreed with me for once! Her performance was incredible on every level!
Post a Comment