Monday, February 8, 2010

Jacob's Favorite Toy

Over Jacob's very short life of 6 1/2 years, we've spent hundreds of dollars on all different kinds of toys trying to capture his imagination, allow him to explore, and just have fun. Wouldn't you know that his favorite toy has come to be a plain old box? Every time I set a box next to the trash can to be taken out with the garbage, Jacob will inevitably swipe it for some kind of project! He spends MUCH more time cutting up, coloring, and designing with boxes than he EVER did with any of his other toys . . . all combined! Shopping days at Sam's Club are some of his favorite days because he knows there will definitely be some boxes coming his way! I love his ingenuity and creativity! I love his passion for life that's practically bursting from his little 6-year old body. And next time it's time for his birthday maybe I'll just get him a couple of boxes, paper, markers, and tape, and he'll have hours of entertainment!

No comments: