Dad & Mom gave him scriptures with his name engraved on them. He pulls them out often - anytime somebody says "scriptures" because he's so happy to have a grown-up set of his own.
Grandma made Jacob his very own Remembrance book where she started his genealogy and had copies of a lot of important information for him. It was truly a labor of love to put together! Thanks, Grandma! Grandma & Grandpa also sent him a more mature looking watch, which he wears all the time and announces the time to everyone.
Nanny & Papa's tradition is to give each of their grandchildren at age 8 a special, symbolic picture. Nanny found this beautiful picture of the prophet Jacob from the Book of Mormon. Unfortunately, prints are not available. But leave it to Nanny to work her magic! She contacted the artist himself and he released the image to her. So Jacob has a one of a kind picture hanging on his wall! Nanny, you're amazing . . . and so is the picture! Jacob loves it!
Dad & Mom also gave Jacob a new suit! He truly looks like a mini-Brandon!
Jacob wanted a pirate cake this year, I think mostly because there are 8 candles for cannons sticking out of the sides of the ship.
Happy Birthday, Jacob! You are such a fun boy to be around, so full of life and enthusiasm! You are definitely strong willed, and I hope that will serve you well in life. I often think how if it's channeled correctly it could be one of your greatest assets. I feel the weight of that responsibility as your mother. You love reading, only when forced, but enjoy it when forced. Mostly you love riding your bike, playing with friends, working with your dad outside, and playing sports. You are very social and rarely do anything alone. Many days your zest for life wears me out, but I love it all the same! We love you so much!

2 comments:
Hey -- James had a cake like that one year! :) What a wonderful gift of the artwork.
Congratulations on your baptism, Jacob! We miss having you and your family in our neighborhood. I hope that you'll have many, many more special days ahead that bring out your great big smile.
Just gotta say WHOA! Awesome cake!
Post a Comment