Thursday, October 6, 2011

I Guess It's That Time . . .

. . . time for me to lose weight AGAIN!  After each baby I'm always amazed at how big I allow myself to get before I do something about it, never quit reaching my goal before the next baby comes along.  I came to terms years ago, even before bearing children, with the fact that I will never be a darling, tiny little girl in all the latest fashions.  My body's just not built that way (thanks, Dad).  My sisters got my mom's genes and ARE darling, tiny little girls.

Anyway, between now being up to baby number four and my frustrations with Jonah I have hit numbers on the scale I never thought I'd see.  So I'm taking drastic measures!  I signed up for a 36 week weight loss study!  Yep!  You read that right.  THIRTY-SIX WEEKS!!!  That's ALMOST an entire pregnancy!  I begged my sister-in-law, Kimber, to join me so someone could empathize with me  . . . oh, and work out with me too!  Our poor husbands probably sit at the office together (they're brothers and work together) eating yummy, sugary treats loaded with LOTS of carbs (oh, like those divine cinnamon and sugar breadsticks with the delicious cream cheese frosting drizzled all over it . . . mmmmm . . .) and complain about how grouchy their wives are (due to genetics our husbands will also NEVER be overweight). 

So if you see me soon with a scowl on my face, that's because I can't eat my comfort food and I'm grouchy.  I wouldn't recommend dropping by my house from 4 until 6 p.m. when it's crunch time with the kids, and I'm at my hungriest and grouchiest time.  You might hear a little yelling.  And if I'm walking funny or can't lift up my arms, that's because I'm sore from my workouts.  But hopefully if you see me in a couple of months I'll be thinner and happier!  I don't know what this group is studying for the weight loss study, but I'll let you know if it works!  Wish me good luck and bring on the veggies!!!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Good luck in your journey. It truly is a journey. It is still hard for me to make healthy food choices and I've been at this now for over 3 years. It is a life style change. But.... I feel better than I did so I know it is worth it. Good luck and keep us posted! Oh, and come and work out with me in the mornings at the Sportsplex. The child care is included, they have great classes, and there are fun activities for the older kids as well (after school). Hope to see you tonight!

Jennifer said...

Oh, but don't forget how beautiful you are! I've always thought so.

Asherbie said...

You are beautiful, sis. Good luck, I know it will make you happier so that's good. I'd love to hear the details of the diet. Give me a buzz sometime so I can get a rundown.

Gonzo's Chicken said...

I so am with you cousin! Amazing, isn't it, what we'll give up to nurture those little people... including our own health!

It's time to take ourselves back. Love you much! Good luck!