Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween Fun

We had a fun October doing our favorite Halloween and fall traditions!
 We always love going to the pumpkin patch with our cousins.  The kids love the hay maze, running around the pumpkin patch looking for beautiful pumpkins that we won't buy (they're so expensive at these places), climbing on the displays set out for photo opportunities like this tractor, and then home for hot chocolate and donuts.  At least we didn't really lose anyone this year!

 Everyone chooses their favorite pumpkin to sit on for a picture, and then tight-wad mom buys them an itty bitty $1 pumpkin.  Hey, they still love it so why not!

 Nathan's so cute I couldn't resist just adding one more picture!

 We also love going to Gardner Village with our neighbors to see the witches and do the scavenger hunt for a cookie from the bakery.  My neighbor has 3 boys, making 6 boys between the two of us.  Sarah is our only girl, but she's use to being with boys and is a good sport!  Why we always go on UEA is beyond me.  I must love to torture myself.  It just seems like the best time to go.  The problem is that 10,000 other people think so too!

 Our daddy is the master pumpkin carver. The kids draw their designs and Daddy makes them come to life.  That's one job I'm glad he's willing to take on because I hate carving pumpkins!

 Here are the kids with their cute jack-o-lanterns!  Poor Nathan just gets a baby pumpkin this year!

 Jacob wanted to be a hunter/frontiersman/Daniel Boone/Davy Crockett or whatever else you can come up with for this costume.

 Sarah wanted to be a southern belle.  Isn't she sweet?  I told her to say, "Hey, y'all!" to everyone.  I always wanted to be a southern belle since I grew up in the south and saw them dressed up on the big plantations you could visit.

 Jonah was Buzz Lightyear, since Jacob was when he was 3.  I made it sound super exciting and Jonah couldn't wait to put the costume on.  I dread the day he has his own opinions and doesn't want his brother's hand-me-down's any longer.

 Nathan was a darling duck, but would only do an occasional "quack, quack."  Oh well, we'll keep working on it.

And here's all 17 grandchildren on Nanny's and Papa's porch.  Our oldest nephew doesn't dress up anymore, but he's a good sport to participate and "oh and aw" over the little one's costumes.  (Sigh)  They're growing up too fast!

1 comment:

Asherbie said...

SO cute. I love their costumes! The southern belle turned out darling and I also especially loved Daniel Boone. Awesome.