Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Jacob, the Cub Scout

We now have our first Cub Scout!  Jacob turned 8 and entered the world of scouting.  Scouting is everything he loves so I think he'll do well with it.  He was grounded one week so I took advantage of the time with him and knocked out his Bobcat award.  I'm sure that'll be the easiest merit badge he ever earns.  This is all a new world to me.  I have no idea what I'm doing or what order all these things like Wolf, Webelos, etc. go in.  I guess I'll be learning because we have (gulp) THREE boys coming up to do Scouts!
 Here is Jacob pinning me with my mother's pin.  The back of the pin dropped down my shirt (whoops!) so I just told him that was good enough and waited for a more opportune moment to dig it out.

The Scout leader tells the boys they have to kiss their mothers or kiss the church plunger (gross!).  Can you see how red Jacob's face is?  Here's to lots more scouting!

1 comment:

Asherbie said...

I love that last picture. Classic, glad you got it on camera!We might never know those scout days... sigh.