Last year we didn't do ANY lights because we were so overwhelmed with our house and having a new baby. Unless we hire the job done it's way too dangerous to string lights along our roof line, and there's no way I'm spending the money to hire someone to put up lights. Brandon whipped up a star and put lights around our pillars this year. I though it looked pretty good, the kids loved it, and now we feel like we're at least contributing to the Christmas spirit in the neighborhood. Good job, Honey!
Gumballs.com shorted us 72 gumballs on our order. I needed every one of those 850 gumballs for neighbor gifts. So I called and complained. Unfortunately they don't just send out 72 gumballs, so instead they sent us 850 MORE for FREE! Now THAT'S a lot of gumballs. My kids think they've gone to heaven. We'll be eating gumballs for a LONG time. If I were a little more organized I'd set aside red and white ones for Valentines. Oh well. Chew up, kids!
We took a trip to see the lights at Temple Square. Poor Nathan got put in a PINK hat and gloves. Its all the hand-me-downs I had left. We didn't get many pictures because it was SO cold and the crowds were a little overwhelming for Jonah.
Sarah's 1st grade class did a darling Christmas program. Her teacher is wonderful! All the kids had little elf costumes! So cute!
Take kids to see Santa? Check! Santa's got to know what they want!
And last, but not least, the family nativity! Jonah was Joseph this year with Annie who was Mary. Aren't they precious?
Sarah & Naomi were the excited angels!
Eli & Jacob were the happy shepherds with some pretty cute . . . ummm . . . maybe they're sheep, or squirrels, or maybe even dogs. I'm sure all kinds of animals were happy that Baby Jesus was born.
Ruth, Bethany & Emma were the wise women, I mean men. Bethany pulled her long hair in front for a beard. It was pretty funny and creative!
And here's the whole group minus a couple of older cousins who have outgrown acting out the nativity.
I couldn't resist this picture of Nathan. He was NOT happy to be a stable animal.
Sigh. I just LOVE Christmas! Why does it have to be over?

1 comment:
It all looks so great! I love your lights and neighbor gifts. Way to go, Man!
Post a Comment