Friday, February 10, 2012

Happy 4th Birthday, Jonah!!!

Our little Jonah turned 4 years old last week!  Wow!  I can't believe it's been four years since his dramatic entry into the world in the front seat of my mini van!  It seems like the drama has never stopped with him.  From being a very difficult baby to breast feed, to the worries about his sleep, development and behavior, to being diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder this last summer, Jonah has always demanded a lot from us.  Brandon and I have definitely grown in our patience and understanding.  He is one of my refiners fires.  But with all of that comes intense joy from his successes.  We are so happy to have him in our family!  Jonah was SO excited for his birthday!  He's been talking about it since his 3 year old birthday last year!  We had a fun extended family party planned, but due to sickness and busy schedules we ended up celebrating with just our little family.  For Jonah it was perfect.  There wasn't all the chaos and noise that usually sets him off.  He was so excited about celebrating his birthday and insisted that we put up streamers and balloons in his favorite color green with the happy birthday sign.
 Jonah wanted a race car cake.  I have to say it was one of the easier cakes I've made!


 The kids all love party hats and blowers!

 Jonah got a tool bench with real projects from our family.  I forgot to take a picture but Grandma and Grandpa gave him a Play Mobile race car set.  It was a simple birthday, and yet it was all he needed.  The last thing we need around here is more boy toys!

After presents, cake and ice cream, and celebrating, Jonah was eager to help Daddy assemble his tool bench.  Brandon is so patient in allowing the kids to help with his projects, no matter how much extra time it takes him to complete them with extra "help."

Happy Birthday, Jonah!  We love you so much!  Jonah loves Wild Kratts, building train tracks, Legos, riding his bike, playing outside with his siblings, and most of all anything that includes his Daddy.  He is making great strides in his preschool class this year.  I can see that the consistency of 4 days a week in a situation where he feels successful makes him want to feel successful in other areas of his life.  He is trying hard to make good choices and be more independent.  I'm so proud of him in his efforts.

1 comment:

Asherbie said...

Yay Jonah! What a big boy. Looks like a good birthday. How did you do that cake?