Saturday, March 3, 2012

What Kind of Chopper Do You Use?

Okay, so I'm appealing to the wonderful friends and ladies in my life that cook for their families.  For years I have used a Pampered Chef chopper for all my dicing and chopping.  It's been a great tool, but . . . is there something easier?  A small food processor?  I need something easy to clean and easy to pull out to use.  Something you use almost everyday.  I know I'm super lazy, but honestly, when I have lots to chop and dice for a meal my arm gets tired, ya know?  I know I'm in desperate need of the tricep burning exercise the chopper gives me, but most times I need my chopping done faster.  I went out and bought the OXO chopper, and it's TERRIBLE!  Every time I have to chop up an onion (which is often) I dread it!  So I need something new.  I can get a new Pampered Chef chopper, but my guess is there's something better out there that every one's using that I know nothing about.  So please share!  And then if you see me with flabby triceps you'll know that at least I'm happy because I've found something to replace my chopper!!!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

You make me laugh -- miss you. Sorry, I have no suggestions to offer. All I have is a knife and cutting board. Boring! I'm pining for a food processor, however, so please pass on any good recommendations.

Asherbie said...

Sorry, same bad news. I only use a chopper for super fine cutting since I don't like to clean all the pieces. A small Cuisinart food processor would be great though... Mom and I looked at those. :)

Audrey said...

Sorry about my blog disappearing, it all happened faster than I thought and I wasn't able communicate the change in advance...glad you figured out where we were posting :)

As for your question, I use a knife and cutting board usually and only pull out the food processor if I need everything to be finely chopped. For me it's much easier to have to clean a knife and cutting board than all the pieces of the processor.

Betsy said...

I have a small cuisinart food processor that I got at Costco and I LOVE it!! Super easy to clean too.

Kristy Anderson said...

I often use my food processor...it's not super small, but works SO fast that it's worth getting it out (just from a low cupboard), and rinsing it with hot soapy water is a breeze, or it's dishwasher safe. I use it a lot and it's saved me tons of time!!! It's just a simple, Hamilton Beach brand. You could probably get it at Wal-Mart or Target?