This summer was Jacob's 1st opportunity to go to day Cub Scout camp. I was lucky enough to fill in for a leader last minute and go with him (thanks to a really great sitter who was able to watch my other kids for an ENTIRE day on VERY last minute notice). It was a very pleasant day weather-wise and so much fun!
Here's the group of boys we took! Jacob is in the back on the left with the black ball cap on. It was hilarious as I drove the van to listen to their conversations!
Cub Scout Camp had all of Jacob's favorite things! He loved learning how to do archery. The Scouting program is so great! It was fun to watch some boys that really struggle in school excel at everything they tried at the camp! It was their moment to shine.
The BMX bike course was fun, except that Jacob got stuck with one of the smallest bikes available (he, he)!
Ahh, Jacob's dream come true! He's counting down the years until he can go on the deer hunt with his dad!
I was proud of Jacob for doing the rock climbing wall. It was hard and some boys wouldn't even try it. There was a little extra time, so they allowed any of the leaders a try if they wanted. After I got the poor staff kid to swear he wouldn't drop me, I gave it a try. It's a good thing we didn't get a picture of that!
Our last station was the zip line. There goes Jacob! He loved it, but then admitted he had his eyes close the whole time! What a fun day being with my son and his friends. I would do this every year!







No comments:
Post a Comment