Monday, November 3, 2008

Home Improvements

By the time we built the garage, repainted and fixed the upstairs, and gutted and refinished our basement we were burned out from home projects. We've taken a year long break! It's been nice! But I told Brandon that we needed to do a little cosmetic work on the outside of our home this year. We finally replaced our bashed in mailbox and painted the post. Brandon then stripped and repainted the lantern post. We got a nice new lantern to put on top of it. And we finally got shutters up and our front door painted after 4 1/2 years of living here! I love short, cheap projects! (And you DO know that in saying "we" I really mean "he!" My job is strictly limited to keeping the children out of the way! I love having such a handyman for a husband!) So here are some pictures of our little home's new look! Hopefully next year we'll do some landscaping so we can stop weeding dirt patches!

Here's an angled view so you can see the shutters on the side of the house.


Aren't red doors suppose to bring good luck? It's not that we're having bad luck, but good luck is ALWAYS welcome at our house!

4 comments:

Asherbie said...

I don't remember what opinion I gave you about the shutters forever ago, but I sure like the outcome you decided! You guys did a great job, it totally gives your home a nice polished look. And who doesn't love a red door anyway?

Kimber said...

I meant to tell you today that your house looks great! The door and the shutters really make the whole place look fabulous. Good job!

Jamie Hyatt said...

So I love the updates! I decided a long time ago that shutters are my favorite thing on a house, they just add some personality. I didn't realize you even had a blog, I am so excited! I have enjoyed looking at all your pictures, we just love your family!

mahina said...

somehow in our move i missed or read and forgot about your blog link! so here i am, finally back in the blogging world! i love your blog! and all your cute pictures! your kids are getting so big!

i am so glad that you have a blog! i am horrible at keeping in touch, but this way i can feel a little more connected to you!

i love a red door! looks great! i linked to your blog so i can read all your new posts!

i read about your new shoes. oh how i wish we were running to the gym three days a week again! i know i'd look a lot better than i do now. i always look at my wedding pictures and think, if i could run like i did back then, maybe i could look like that again! i miss our running and work out days! i can't do anything until the baby is born, but it is all worth it to get the baby here safely! but there is a great running trail here that i can't wait to try out!