Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Who's Been Christmas Shopping With My Money?

First thing this morning I got 2 phone calls from my credit card company to verify some online purchases I'd apparently been making! The problem is, I haven't been making any purchases lately! I guess because of the succession of so many purchases so quickly, my account was flagged. Luckily, I have a great credit card company who called right away. So after a quick phone call to Brandon to make sure he wasn't doing a little sneaky Christmas shopping for me (darn it, he wasn't), I immediately closed my account. I just have to say that I feel a little violated! I wonder how this person got my account number! Was it from some unsecured site online? Could a waiter from a restaurant have snatched it when he took my card to pay for dinner? I'm really curious to get my statement and see what this person has bought him/herself with MY money! $500 on overstock.com and $200 on zappos.com, and more sounds pretty fun to me. It makes me want to find out the address that all this stuff is being shipped to, march over to that house and confront this rotten person! However, the costumer service rep from the credit card company said there would be an investigation, so I guess I better not interfere. I just want to ask whoever did this HOW he/she did it! We try really hard to be careful with our info, so I want to know what I did wrong so I don't do it again! Maybe I'll find something out from the investigation. We'll see! But again, thank goodness for good companies that check suspicious activity before it gets out of hand. And thank goodness for fraud protection so that I don't have to pay for this stuff, or else our Christmas would be somebody else's Christmas!

1 comment:

Jamie Hyatt said...

I'm so glad they caught when they did. Hopefully you'll get more information to help settle your mind. We hope you guys have a happy holiday; I loved the turkey idea.