Sunday, November 2, 2008

Clarification of the Stomach Flu

So apparently my little letter about the stomach flu caused quite a reaction. I have to say that I'm a little embarrassed! Sorry! Maybe I should explain a few things.

First, I was not mad, although rereading my post I can see how I seemed that way. I guess I meant it to be funny. And in the heat of the moment as I mop up vomit, yes, I was a little bugged.

Second, I tend to be a little dramatic until things blow over a little. So if I post something full of drama, take what I say "with a grain of salt!" Now don't you see what a saint Brandon is for being married to me?!

Lastly, part of the reason I started a blog was to journal a litle bit. I have often thought that I wished I was better at journaling so that when I'm older I can remember what I feel like as mother of little children. I see lots of older people who forget. I want to remember so that hopefully I can be more sensitive and helpful to others once I outgrow this stage of life.

And thankfully, we did receive a tender little mercy in that Sarah was the only person who got the stomach flu! Jonah's working through a very small ear infection, but that's VERY doable, and not related to Sarah's illness.

3 comments:

Circe said...

I thought your post was funny and entertaining. You're a great writer!

Emily said...

I love to hear a good rant.....!

Audrey said...

I thought your letter was funny...and really hit home when we caught the stomach bug ourselves this week :)