I know this is almost a week late, but I've been thinking about you. Happy 33rd Anniversary, Mom and Dad! I hope you know what a blessing it has been in my life to grow up in a home with parents who have such a healthy and loving marriage. To be honest, you have one of the best marriages I've ever seen! Growing up you NEVER fought or disagreed in front of us children. I can't remember one single instance. You ALWAYS backed each other up in your decisions in parenting. I've watched you support each other in church callings that were extremely demanding, in sickness, in difficult times and during happy times. You have an amazingly well balanced relationship with the responsibilites you take on and ask of each other within your home. I see you both as equally dependent on each other, a characteristic rarely found in most relationships. You both work hard to love and serve each other, and those around you. Your priorities are straight. I find great comfort in knowing I can come to you for wisdom and advice because you live what you preach. I remember late night phone calls every night to talk to each other when Dad was out of town. I remember Mom stopping whatever she was doing to kiss Dad welcoming him home when he was in town. I remember your Friday night dates were practicially religion in our home. I remember you always holding hands every chance you got. I remember how Dad loves to introduce his beautiful wife to co-workers and clients, and always makes Mom feel pretty. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for giving me the perfect example of what a marriage should be. I will continue remembering and trying to live up to your example.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Happy Anniversary!
I know this is almost a week late, but I've been thinking about you. Happy 33rd Anniversary, Mom and Dad! I hope you know what a blessing it has been in my life to grow up in a home with parents who have such a healthy and loving marriage. To be honest, you have one of the best marriages I've ever seen! Growing up you NEVER fought or disagreed in front of us children. I can't remember one single instance. You ALWAYS backed each other up in your decisions in parenting. I've watched you support each other in church callings that were extremely demanding, in sickness, in difficult times and during happy times. You have an amazingly well balanced relationship with the responsibilites you take on and ask of each other within your home. I see you both as equally dependent on each other, a characteristic rarely found in most relationships. You both work hard to love and serve each other, and those around you. Your priorities are straight. I find great comfort in knowing I can come to you for wisdom and advice because you live what you preach. I remember late night phone calls every night to talk to each other when Dad was out of town. I remember Mom stopping whatever she was doing to kiss Dad welcoming him home when he was in town. I remember your Friday night dates were practicially religion in our home. I remember you always holding hands every chance you got. I remember how Dad loves to introduce his beautiful wife to co-workers and clients, and always makes Mom feel pretty. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for giving me the perfect example of what a marriage should be. I will continue remembering and trying to live up to your example.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment