Friday, August 21, 2009

County Fair

I don't know if I've ever been to a county fair, and frankly when my sisters-in-law wanted to go, my expectations were VERY low! I just thought of all the money I'd end up spending on lame activities. Well now I'm happy to say that I was terribly wrong! We went to the fair, stayed busy all morning and spent a total of $1! Yep, just $1 for me and my kids combined! And that $1 was for parking! There were pony rides, the prize winning hens, roosters and bunnies to see, a science tent with live tarantulas, scorpions and pythons to hold, touch, and look at, and the most wonderful petting zoo I've ever seen! The kids got to pet real, live bulls with enormous horns! Jonah thought he was in heaven neighing and mooing at all of the horses and cows! AND everything was free, including entrance! Here are some pictures of yet another Fun Friday!

Jonah and Jacob on the pony rides. Jonah, of course, threw a fit when his turn was over! He LOVED it!

Sarah and Jacob got to brush a cow! The poor cow had kids climbing all over her all day and got brushed so much I'm surprised she had any hair left TO brush! The animals they had there must be really old!

Jacob and Sarah got to experiment with some pulleys to see if weight distribution made a difference in lifting heavy cement blocks! What fun times!

And can you believe they even had a tent where you paid extra to see the "freak shows?" They had a 1100 pound pig and a horse less than 24 inches tall! Isn't that the kind of thing they did in the 1800's on Little House on the Prairie? I have to admit that I wanted to take a peak, but I hadn't brought any cash with me! Oh well! Maybe next year!

1 comment:

duncandoings said...

we barely missed you at the fair--we went Thurs, and my girls ran into the "freak" tent b/c we didn't see that you had to pay extra!! I asked the guy if he wanted a dollar, and he thankfully brushed it off (the girls said it was just a big animal laying there anyway :)--your kids are PRECIOUS!!--and I love the gorgeous new family shot