Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sarah's 4th Birthday!!!

Last month Sarah turned 4 years old! Sarah makes everything so much fun because she's just so happy to have any attention! And to have a day all for her made her deliriously happy! She LOVED watching me decorate her cake. She LOVED making decorations and hanging them up around the house! She LOVED choosing the meals of her favorite foods to eat! And she LOVED her party and all the gifts she received! It's so fun to do things for Sarah because she has no expectations, she's just happy with whatever she gets! We absolutely love our only little girl! She's smart, happy, my favorite shopping partner, helpful, and so loving! What a blessing she is to our family!

We started the day by having her favorite breakfast, blueberry muffins with scrambled eggs! Then her cousins, Emma and Samuel, came over to play. The kids worked hard helping me make decorations for Sarah's party! That afternoon I made Sarah's cake, and Sarah and I decorated for her party! And after her choice of dinner of tomato soup and grilled cheese we got ready for her party!

Sarah got some wonderful gifts including this Belle doll from Grandma and Grandpa! (I should have taken a picture of her with ALL of her gifts at the same time, but that would require organization and thinking ahead . . . both of which I lack during these busy events! :) Sarah also received the minivan for her dollhouse dolls from Nanny and Papa, magnetic paper dolls from Aunt Kristen, and a Cinderella Pollypocket from Uncle Justin and Aunt Amy!

Mommy and Daddy gave her this big girl bike so that she's not doomed to days of riding boys' hand-me-down bikes. Her brothers gave her a bike helmet!

Mommy and Sarah with her pink pony cake! (I have to admit that birthday cake making is a dreaded chore of mine. My sisters-in-law set a VERY high standard! But this pony was probably one of the easiest and least stressful cakes I've made yet!)

Anne, Emma, Samuel and Sarah eating birthday cake!

Papa took Sarah for a birthday ride in his Model A! What a wonderful day for a wonderful girl! We love you, Sarah!

1 comment:

Asherbie said...

I LOOOVE the picture of you and Sarah and her bday cake. You look beautiful. Sounds like an awesome bday... wish we could have been there!