Do your kids ever make you feel like you're still the kid and they're the parents? I've struggled a little lately with a couple of incidents of road rage. I had the following conversation with Jacob in the car:
Jacob: Mom, what's wrong?
Me: Those drivers are IDIOTS!
Jacob: That's a bad word, Mom. You shouldn't say that.
Me: I know. I'm sorry.
Jacob: You know, Santa's watching you and you could get a lump of coal for Christmas this year if you're not careful.
Me: I know. I shouldn't use those bad words. I'm sorry.
Jacob: That isn't how Heavenly Father wants us to act either.
Me: I know. I'm sorry.
Hmmm . . . hopefully this just means that all of my teaching is sinking in to at least 1 of my kids. But am I ruining the teaching by providing a bad example or am I boosting the teaching by allowing my son to be the teacher for a moment? I guess time will tell!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Um, I'm going to say you're providing them with learning opportunities when you give them a chance to correct you. Because I have road rage too, and I hope I'm right!
Post a Comment