Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Anniversary, Honey!

Today is our 8th anniversary! And to celebrate that great occasion we bought each other this house! Whew! I don't think we'll ever top this one! Yes, we decided to move very unexpectedly in March. We were in the middle of remodeling our front room when we happened upon this dream home that had everything we had ever hoped for in a home. Can I just say that pregnant women are too emotional to have to make these HUGE, life-changing decisions? It was a whirlwind process that felt so right we couldn't deny it. After practically killing ourselves (and Brandon's family) off to finish a month's worth of work on our remodel in a week, we put our beautiful home up for sale. And thanks to good timing and our fabulous realtor, we sold our home in 2 1/2 weeks! A month later we moved into our new home. I can't believe how blessed we were with help from family and friends! It was truly amazing (and an answer to many prayers) to see the levels of service rendered in our behalf (which also prevented me from going into pre-term labor). They left us in fabulous shape after just one day of moving. I will be forever grateful for all of their unselfish sacrifice of time, help and compassion.

And I'm so grateful that no matter what the journey for us is, I know that I have Brandon by my side. He will always be there. I can always rely on him. We are in this together, and it's so nice to know sometimes that you're not alone. I love staying up late at night talking and dreaming with him about our new home, our children and our ideas for the future. He is more than I ever could have hoped for in a husband. The Lord has truly blessed me. So thanks, Honey, for the house. I love it. I hope you love it too.

7 comments:

Audrey said...

Congratulations on your anniversary and your beautiful house! It certainly looks like a dream house from that photo :) Enjoy settling in...

Jennifer said...

Wow! What a beautiful house! I'd love something like that. (Who am I kidding? I can't even stay on top of my small household.) We miss your family already. And, since it didn't happen before you left, we still need to do some sort of gathering in your honor. I insist!

Circe said...

I love the beautiful new house! You know you are obligated to come to book club now that it is one of the only times we can catch up! And you're one of the stalwarts!

Asherbie said...

Beautiful beautiful. It's perfect for you and your family. I am so glad everything went well and can't WAIT to come visit!

duncandoings said...

What a DREAM HOUSE!! It's gorgeous!! I can't wait to come and visit!! What a glorious way to anniversarize!!

jwilson said...

WOW! Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your cute family.

Angela Bentley Fife said...

I was scrolling to find a picture of your new house....Gorgeous! It is so huge I bet you are loving all the space! Can't wait to see it next year at book club...right?