Friday, October 8, 2010

The Cutest Baby in the Universe



I know others of you with your own darling babies probably disagree with me, but isn't he just the cutest baby you've ever seen?  Is it possible to kiss a baby too much?  Is it weird to describe your baby as delicious?  I think every child deserves to have his parents fall in love with him, and I've definitely fallen for this little guy!  It does help that he sleeps 10-12 hours a night.  He was my earliest to sleep through the night at only 6 weeks old!  They seem so much cuter when YOU'RE well rested, don't ya think?  And just today, at 3 months, I noticed his 1st tooth, making him my earliest teether.  And despite my best efforts with a binky, he's finally found his thumb just 2 days ago.  But that makes him my last child to suck his thumb.  I think thumb-sucking must be hereditary since I was an intense thumb-sucker as a child.  (Jonah did start with his thumb, but switched to his fingers after a couple of months when he decided he needed more than his chubby little thumb to fill his mouth.:))  I try so hard to make mental notes so I can remember each child's smell and the softness of their skin as I kiss their little cheeks.  I wish you could somehow record those kinds of memories because I'm forgetting already!  For now, I'm just trying to bask in the smiles and cooing of little Nathan.

1 comment:

Circe said...

Oh my gosh, he IS cute! That smile! I know what you mean...I'm in love, too. I wish I could remember better, all the yumminess!