Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas 2010

We had a wonderful Christmas this year in our new home. We feel so blessed! Here are some highlights:Brandon surprised me with tickets to see John Schmidt! I had no idea he was such a fabulous entertainer! We thoroughly enjoyed the concert and will definitely be back for more! Thanks, Honey!!!

Jacob's 1st grade class put together a Christmas program. I have to say that I'm completely impressed that his teacher would take this on by herself! It was a darling program which Jacob had several parts in. He sang right our, knew all the words, and was a delight to watch!We did our annual family nativity complete with all the craziness that 17 grandchildren bring! What a good looking group! Jonah was up for Joseph this year, but I decided that it might be in the best interest of Mary and the baby Jesus to wait until next year.We made our annual trip to Bowman's to see the Santa that knows us, but we don't know him. He's from around here and knows our Nanny & Papa. Jonah wasn't too excited about sitting on Santa's lap, but knew that if at least got close enough he'd get the candy Santa was handing out.Every year I swear I'm going to MAKE Christmas Eve dinner, but the last 3 years we've ended up at Benihana with Nanny & Papa. It's a fun tradition and the kids truly enjoy watching their food being prepared. Lucky for us, Nanny has an IN with the best chef there and he gives the kids a great show!After dinner we drove by some lights and came home to open Christmas pajamas! The boys got matching football jammies with football slippers. So cute! Nathan's pj's even had little cleat feet!Since Sarah doesn't have any sisters to match with, she got jammies that have matching doll pj's! She was delighted and loves getting her doll dressed every night after she puts on her own pj's. After opening pj's, we put the 2 little one's to bed and read Christmas stories & played games. About 1 a.m. Sarah woke up to go potty and was literally shaking with excitement! It was a little tricky to get her back to bed. While Brandon was tucking her in she said, "Daddy, I think I have sugar plums dancing in my head!" We had just read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and I think she was taking it to heart!Here are some pictures of our Christmas spoils! We try to keep it simple and the kids really enjoy their couple of toys. Jacob got a sled, new scooter (his got lost during our move), a Nerf gun, electronic Battleship game, and some Mercy Watson books. Oh, and of course, Santa remembered to get him a new deer calendar! Sarah finally got her doll with hair (She desperately wanted an American Girl doll, but I thought we'd hold off a little longer. She calls this Target special an American Girl doll anyway!), scooter, doll swing, the Loving Family nursery for her doll house, a tutu, and a Dick & Jane book.Jonah got a sled, sit 'n spin, laptop computer, basketball for the bathtub, and a truck book.
What do you get your 3rd boy who doesn't even know better yet? Not much, that's for sure! Luckily, Grandma got him a fun race car toy (which Jonah's quite enjoying) to add to his teething ring and rice cereal! Nanny got him a fun board book!
Here's my whole Christmas: a new entryway rug! Yahoo! Thanks, Mom & Dad! We were thrilled to have Nanny & Papa join us for another Christmas. They spent the night so they could see the kids in all their excitement Christmas morning. It's always more fun to have Nanny & Papa around! We had a yummy Christmas morning breakfast of eggs, sausage, oranges and cinnamon rolls. This year I finally attempted my mom's famous cinnamon rolls. She used to make them for all our neighbors as neighbor gifts when I was a little girl. It was a lot of work. That was the one thing I remember when we decided to move from Georgia that the neighbors mentioned, "No more Christmas cinnamon rolls!" I have to say, I did a pretty good job! They were actually fun to make. I'll definitely make these every year now that I've figured it out. Thanks, Mom, for keeping your phone handy while I was making these. I must have called her 8 times that day! Justin & Amy came over to spend Christmas afternoon with us! They helped Jacob figure out his Battleship game and were great to be a good audience as the kids paraded their gifts around to show off!

2 comments:

Asherbie said...

What a wonderful Christmas. Glad you got to spend it with family, too. We miss you and your cuties!

Kimber said...

Mmmmm... I love Benihana. And Mmmmmm...I love your sweet rolls, too. And I love that new rug! I need to come see it. Did you know that Samuel and William got the same pajamas as Jacob and Jonah? So cute!