Thursday, January 20, 2011

Premature Spring Fever

I'm getting spring fever already and it's only January. This is very, very bad! But when you see images like this:
And little seedling beginning to sprout like this:
And the sun is shining and it's warmer than it's been for a month, how else am I supposed to feel? But, like I said, it's only January! So when that next snow storm comes and the temperatures drop and the inversion is so thick I can't even see my neighbor's house, you'll know you can find me devouring a pan of brownies in an attempt to make myself feel better. Don't be surprised if after the next storm (because we all know it's coming since, after all, it's STILL only January) I've gained 5 to 10 lbs. Weather like this messes up my body clock. I guess I should be more grateful for the reprieve instead of complaining. Sorry! This shows what a pessimist I can be. It's just that I'm SO anxious for spring, for longer days and more sunshine, to be able to send the kids outside to play instead of climbing the walls with their sticky, messy little fingers, and to plunge back into running so I can finally lose this baby weight.

No comments: