Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Happy Thought

Today as I was driving down the street, I passed a stooped over little old man hobbling up the hill as he pushed his bike. He was all bundled up against the cold. On the back of his bike was a basket. And do you know what he had in that basket? A bouquet of beautiful white roses! There was something so "European-ish" about the scene. I wanted to pull my van over and ask him if I could take a picture of him for my blog. But I didn't have my camera with me, and he probably would have thought I was nuts! Anyway, it made my day just thinking that a little old lady somewhere was going to get flowers. I guess I don't know that for sure, but it makes me happy to think it anyway!

2 comments:

mahina said...

that is very sweet!

Asherbie said...

Don't you wish we could witness more moments like that? There's this saying that goes something like this: "Each day make life so beautiful that it is worth remembering." I try to remember this when the days get monotonous and strive to make life for myself and my family beautiful.