Of course there are bound to be hectic moments when you have three small children at home with you all day. Today we had one such moment. I was trying to clean up lunch, get kids down for naps, and try and grab a bite to eat myself before passing out as I felt my blood sugar plummet. All the while Jacob's begging me to change the batteries on his remote control car NOW, Sarah's needing a hang nail cut off her finger because apparently the pain is pretty intense and she'll die any minute, and Jonah's crawling around eating shoes and playing in the toilet while crying for his bottle and nap. I finally yelled out in exasperation, "Look! There's only ONE mommy here!" Jacob turns to Sarah and said, "We need 4 mommies!" Not that I'm promoting polygamy or anything, but that sounds about right to me! Then maybe I could catch up on my cleaning, laundry, bills, give each child all the attention they desire, and still have a chance to relax and read my new bookclub book!
Then my heart melted when Jacob, as the eldest sibling and setting the example, said, "It's okay, Mommy. You can change my car batteries during quiet time." And Sarah followed by saying, "Yeah, Mommy, my finger's okay for a minute. You can cut off my owie after Jonah has his bottle." So off they went to play happily together and wait their turn for Mommy's attention while I caught up on the other stuff. Who could ask for better kids?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wow! that is pretty impressive. although it doesn't surprise me coming from YOUR children. you are an awesome woman and therefore an awesome mom. so, of course your kids would be awesome, too!
Post a Comment