The funny thing is I don't even know where this dog came from. I think it was a gift to one of our other kids at some time I can't remember in their little lives. I have watched my niece, Naomi, become severely attached to her kitty. I had the thought one day that maybe I should try a little stuffed animal for Jonah. He's extremely tactile, and I've written earlier about his obsession with hair. Honestly, it was driving me crazy. He would never let go of my hair! As I thought about Naomi and her kitty I decided to dig through our box of stuffed animals and find the animal with the longest hair. The result was this dog. From the very first time I gave Jonah the dog for a nap, he attached to it. This dog has seriously SAVED my head! I've tried putting other animals in his crib so that he doesn't become too dependent on this ONE, but to no avail. He could care less about the others. He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES his doggy! The scary thing is, I don't know where we got it, who gave it to us, or when - so I can't find a twin for emergencies! I tried searching online, and emailing the company, but came up with nothing! I know Naomi's family has had a few desperate times when she's hidden her kitty somewhere in the house. She cried in her crib for 90 minutes one night while the family scoured their home for the precious kitty. She wouldn't sleep until it was finally found. And even when I was looking online for a twin doggy, I snuck the doggy out of Jonah's crib after he was fast asleep so I could look at it closely. Jonah woke up during my search screaming for his doggy!
Oh, we love that dog! I hope we never lose it! But mostly, I'm happy for Jonah that he has such a great buddy! I'm sure we'll reach a point where the dog is well loved and falling apart. And when he's bigger it'll be great to tell stories to his girlfriends about his little doggy to embarrass him. Right now I'm just hoping and praying that this little dog is well made (since I have NO idea if it was cheap or not), NEVER EVER gets lost, and will hold up as his buddy for a long, long time!

2 comments:
He is such a cutie! Good luck finding a twin although, as I told Natalie, even that plan can backfire. My niece was extremely attached to a bunny, so her parents decided they had better find a second one. Sadly their daughter caught on to them. Now she has to carry TWO bunnies around all the time.
I can't beleive all that hair, he is such a beautiful boy. It's funny how something like a blanket or a stuffed animal can just do the trick.
Post a Comment