Either I'm a totally high-maintenance wife who demands an excess of affection from my husband to prove his love to me, or I'm just amazingly lucky to have such an incredibly thoughtful husband. I'm definitely hoping I'm the latter. Brandon completely spoiled me for Valentine's Day!!! I can't believe I could deserve such goodness!
It all started Friday morning when he stopped by the house with a box of cookies and a box of chocolate covered strawberries to wish me "Happy Valentine's Eve!" Wow! We get to celebrate for TWO days? Too bad for him I wasn't aware of that! Right before lunch a dozen beautiful roses were delivered to my door. Shortly after Brandon himself showed up for lunch. As I was making lunch he handed me a card. You'll NEVER guess what was inside? A gift certificate and appointment for a facial at a spa!!! So off I went to the spa, happy to be getting a break from Jonah spraying me with his lunch! I've never had a facial before. And guess what? It was dreamy! While the lady was wrapping my feet in warm, moist towels and gently massaging all kinds of creams on my face, I thought, "How can I go home and scrub toilets NOW! I'll completely ruin the ambiance I'm experiencing!" So . . . I didn't scrub my toilets. I'll have to get around to that next week when normal life resumes. Please don't come over to my house and ask to use the bathroom. It's scary!
Brandon went back to work after I got home, but then came home early again to take me to a quaint little Italian restaurant downtown. After dinner we went to see a dollar movie - "Seven Pounds." Hmm, we didn't know, but it's really NOT the best Valentine's movie! But since we rarely go see movies in an actual theater, it was a treat for us!
On the actual Valentine's Day, Brandon got up early with the kids and make pink blueberry muffins! Then he took care of the kids ALL day while I was helping with a funeral. And, as if I hadn't already been spoiled enough, he presented me with a HUGE box of chocolates at the end of the day! I worked on that box while we snuggled on the couch and watched "Fireproof," a much BETTER Valentine's movie. (I'll work on losing weight again AFTER the chocolates are gone!)
Oh, and just so you know, Brandon's offering free "Husband-Lessons" to anyone who's interested in sending their husbands over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yes, sign Jeff up! Actually, I probably need to take classes from you to be a wife so deserving of all of this.
Post a Comment