Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fathers & Sons Campout

I have been completely neglectful of my blog lately! I guess I got into a reading streak that required less effort than journaling! And now I have my work cut out for me in order to catch up on 2 months worth of family events!

In May Brandon took Jacob to our ward's Fathers and Sons Campout. Jacob anxiously anticipated this for WEEKS! Brett and Samuel decided to join them for double the fun!

Sarah was, of course, heartbroken at not being allowed to go simply because of her gender. So we made a girls' night of it by going to the drug store to pick out her 1st nail polish: pink with sparkles! Then we made her favorite dinner of hot dogs, painted nails while watching the Tinkerbell movie, and ate treats! I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of polish on little girls. I blame my own mom, I guess, who wouldn't let my sisters and me use polish for years. But in order to give Sarah SOME reason to enjoy her young girlhood I had to "pull out the big guns!" She was so adorable and must have thanked me at least a hundred times for painting her nails! We had a great time as girls and I look forward to many years ahead of mother/daughter times similar to this one!

Jacob, Brandon, Samuel & Brett at the Fathers & Sons Campout
(I guess Brandon and Brett were going for the twiner look! And they wonder why people get them confused so easily . . . hmmm!)

Samuel is helping to set up the tent!

Hurray for camping with dads!!!

3 comments:

Asherbie said...

Girl Nights are the best! I'm sure Sarah just LOVED it. Way to make it special.

Kimber said...

LOVE the twinner picture. I'm going to have to copy it for my own blog.

mahina said...

in our ward her there are soooo many girls that they are having a father daughter campout! i can't wait! the girls are super jazzed about it! and i am too because it will just be me and mahea!!