Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy 7th!

Last weekend Brandon and I celebrated our 7th anniversary! It was probably one of our less eventful anniversaries, but since we recently returned from Hawaii we weren't really feeling the need for a get-away. We'll save it for later in the year when we REALLY need it!

So we visited the Olive Garden where we had a coupon and a gift card to lighten the financial load a little! Then we ran a few errands: Home Depot and Bed, Bath & Beyond (very romantic :))! Then we went to see Angels and Demons. It wasn't as good as the book, of course, but is the movie EVER as good as the book? Brandon, who didn't read the book, loved the movie. That is, until I told him about the book on the way home. "Why did they leave THAT out? THAT would have made it even better!" Hmm . . . my sentiments exactly!

You may think it lame to go to dinner, run errands, and see a movie for an anniversary. After all, isn't that the cop-out date we all hated before marriage? Well, after marriage and especially after children, dinner and a movie becomes a VERY expensive date when you add a babysitter! So a pre-marriage cop-out date becomes a post-marriage SPLURGE!

Anyway, the other great thing is that I got to spend the evening with Brandon all to myself! There were no interruptions of whining, crying, or trips to the potty! I'm so lucky to be married to such a wonderful man! He truly is my "Mr. Wonderful!" I received 2 dozen beautiful roses and a list of 100 reason why he loves me! Hmm . . . he must have worked on that for awhile to come up with a whole 100 reasons! I don't know that I'm that lovable! But as long as I've got him fooled, that's all that matters!

Happy 7th anniversary, Sweetheart!

4 comments:

Asherbie said...

That's wonderful, Man! Big congratulations. We love Brandon and are so glad he's a part of our family. And I echo your thoughts on post date splurge... running errands without kids is a complete treat! We love you.

mahina said...

wow! has it really been 7 years already? and look at you with three kids and still in love! you guys are awesome!

hey i would love a date like that! that is so how our dates are when we get a chance to go on one! haha!

Mo said...

I love the picture! Congrats to a wonderful 7 years! You guys are such great friends. We very much enjoyed having you guys over.

Jamie Hyatt said...

Ross said that we were coming up on that 7 year itch, I'm so glad to see that you guys are happily sailing through it. Looks like we might be seeing you next week in Cedar, hope a lot of us can make it to Grandma's funeral. Bytheway, it is so fun to read about the daily happenings at the Jones house, you do great a journaling, I need to do more of that for the kids.