Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday Morning Meltdowns

Here's how our Monday morning started out:

Mom: "What do you guys want for breakfast?"
Jacob: "Golden Grahams."
Sarah: "Me too!"
Jacob: "Actually if there's any blueberry oatmeal, I'll have that instead."
Sarah: "I want blueberry oatmeal too."
Mom: "Jacob chose blueberry first, and now it's all gone. But you can choose another flavor or cereal."

Sarah screams and cries for 5 minutes over the blueberry oatmeal while I make if for Jacob.

Mom: "Sarah, why don't you just have Golden Grahams."
Sarah, sniffling but no longer crying: "Okay. That's a great idea, Mommy. I LOOOVE Golden Grahams!"
Jacob: "I don't want oatmeal, I want Golden Grahams too!"
Mom: "No way. We're not throwing out this oatmeal I just made!"

Jacob screams and cries while Sarah's very happy with her Golden Grahams.

It's only 7:30 a.m. on Monday morning! It's going to be a LOOOONG week! Can I give up yet?

2 comments:

mahina said...

that sounds way too familiar, unfortunately!!

hope the week has been better since then!

overlyactive said...

Sounds like my Monday! We have been praying for Natalie and her baby. I haven't heard of any updates for a while. Are they home from the hospital?