Last night Brandon had meetings, so it was just me and the kids. Sometimes dinner can be a calmer event without Daddy around. Although we definitely prefer to have him at dinner, we're not all clamoring for his attention when he's not here. And boring old Mom already knows what's happened all day because I've been WITH them all day!
I just had to laugh at a couple of things they said, which I'm posting for journaling purposes!
Jacob: "I love being the oldest!"
Sarah: "I love being the cutest!"
And that pretty much sums up their roles in our family. Jacob takes charge and gets things done as the oldest. Sarah sings, dances and plays her way through life, just practicing being . . . cute.
Jacob: "My tummy hurts. I don't think I can finish dinner."
Mom: "Eat a little more and we'll see."
Jacob: "It's all this healthy food. It's hurting my tummy and brain."
Mom: "So would junk food make you feel better?"
Jacob: "Yes, I really think so."
Mom: "Eat your dinner!!!"
Hurting tummy, my foot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
it's amazing the things kids come up with to get out of eating their healthy dinners!!
Love it. The conversation bust due to already being with them reminds me when one of my kids tried so hard to reach out at dinner: "So Dad, how was your day at work? Emma, how was your day at school? Mom . . . (big pause) . . . how was cooking?"
Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh. Kids are great. It reminds me of one of my favorite parts on Incredibles when dash is raving about his day, and then he says "Awwwh, I love our family!"
So cute... I love your little family!
Post a Comment