One day in June Jacob was begging me to take off his training wheels. He'd been asking for several months, but Brandon had been pretty busy. So I just decided to take them off in the afternoon and let Brandon teach Jacob when he got home from work. I went inside to make lunch and not even 3 minutes later Jacob was out there riding around on his bike like he'd been riding for years! I was amazed, and worriedly called Brandon to see if I had ruined a father/son memory he had been anticipating! Luckily, Brandon was forgiving and laid-back enough that it wasn't big deal! I swear those 2-wheel scooters are the BEST training for bike riding! They already know how to balance before they even loose their training wheels!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Natalie did the same thing this past month! Her training wheels broke, so we just tried it without and she learned almost instantly! She's been having so much fun since! Jacob looks like he's loving it too! Congrats to him! :)
Wow! Go Jacob! When you get a sec I'd love to see a pic of Jacob on his new bike!
believe it or not nani just learned how to ride her bike about a month and a half ago. her bike was WAY too small for her. so she bought her own big bike off of craigslist two weeks ago. she couldn't be more thrilled!
jacob looks so happy and proud of his new learned skill! way to go!
Post a Comment