Friday, October 2, 2009

Sleep . . . or lack thereof!!!

Do you ever feel like there's a conspiracy plot out there to disturb your sleep as much as possible as a mother? First, there are the annoyingly chirpy little birds that have taken up residency in the awning directly outside my bedroom window (sorry to be so out of touch with nature, but really, aren't there a million other places to build a nest?)! Then there's the neighbor's dog that only barks continuously for an hour at a time in the middle of the night, but never during the day (and if I can hear him barking, WHY CAN'T MY NEIGHBOR?)! And lastly, of course, are my own children. Anyone with children doesn't need any further elaboration on that one! It's not like I have a newborn baby or anything. Maybe I should look into that Chinese medicine stuff to see if my life, home, and whatever else is out of harmony or balance with the natural world.

Well, I'm off to TRY to take a nap, probably just in time for 1 of my kids to need a fruit snacks wrapper opened or for the neighbor kid to come over and pound down my door!:)

1 comment:

Mo said...

I'm glad that I am not alone. I've been so tired lately and it seems impossible to get any sleep. I think that someone should start a business where moms can come and take naps and someone else will watch their kids. :) I think it would be a huge success.