Friday, October 16, 2009

Working Out

I'm trying to get into the exercise groove yet again. I'm searching for an alternative to my usual running since its dark in the mornings now. A lady in my neighborhood has been approached by 3 different men during her early morning walks WITH a partner. This is good news for the health clubs since several women I know in my neighborhood have joined gyms out of fear of perverted weirdos.

So I have borrowed a few of these videos from my very gracious friend. All I have to say is, "Wow!" I am SO sore! It's definitely a workout.

To add to my fun during the intense workouts are my kids' comments as they watch me attempt the exercises:

"Mom, you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to be doing push-up's on your tippy toes, not on your knees!"

"Mommy, why are you shaking so hard?" (As I desperately try to keep up with the killer ab routine.)

"Mom, why are you sweating so much?"

"I can do that, that looks easy!" (I'm dying in the meantime!)

Where's the "Good job, Mom!" "You're doing great!" "Keep up the good work!" "Lookin' good, Mom!"

Oh well! I guess kids are known for their brutal honesty! Maybe my husband will walk by and lie to me about how well I'm doing instead!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yikes! Our sleepy neighborhood?

Well, I think you're doing great. You're always faster at pushing the stroller up the hill than I am. :)

Asherbie said...

Haha can I tell you how much I love your kiddos? That's too funny. Meanwhile I am still using the excuse "picking them up all day is enough exercise, right?"

Mo said...

Husbands know better, right? Or is it just plain fear? Good for you, though. You've always been so dedicated.

I'm back on the FIRM series. Maybe we'll have to have a push-up contest next time we meet. :) On our knees of course . . . :)