So I was just trying to schedule Jacob's 1st Parent/Teacher Conference (SEP) online, and was dumbfounded by the high level of security the school district requires for such simple routine. First, I needed my child's ID # and pin #. Well to get the pin # you need the ID #. I didn't have the ID # so I called the school to get that. Then they email me the pin #. After I waited for the email and FINALLY got that, they wanted my SS#. Well, I don't hand that out and didn't put it on Jacob's registration for school info, so they didn't have that on their records. They can email me a guardianship #, but they didn't have my email on file (which is interesting because they just sent me an email?), or they can mail it to me but that takes 7-10 business days! For real??? I called the school and they gave me a guardianship # and added my email to the system. Well, their guardianship # DIDN'T work! But luckily my email was in the system then, so I requested the email. After waiting for awhile, they emailed me my new guardianship #, but somehow I logged in as Jacob instead of as me. So the site wouldn't let me schedule an SEP! Finally some nice lady at the help desk at the school district helped me and we got it figured out.
I'm sure nobody else has made this as hard as I have (it's not like I'm computer illiterate), but is it just me or does this seem WAY too intense to schedule a lame conference! Seriously, I think this is tighter security than my bank account! Should I be worried about that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Seriously! Like there are wackos out there who are desperate to know when my SEP is? I had the same problem today, only it was worse than usual because the new secretary, whom I call "Not Nancy" didn't know who my kids were. I had to tell her! Nancy would have looked at the caller ID, predicted my problem and had it all worked out by the time she answered. Too bad you missed the Reign of Nancy! :)
I agree with Circe, Nancy reigned. She ruled! Not even having another student mother with my exact name baffled her.
Me again. I just tried to schedule, and it brought up the screen with all of my children, only it said J's teacher wasn't "participating in selected conference." Aargh! How'd you get in?
Sounds like they only want to have parents sign up who are willing to jump through all the red tape. Most parents are not going to have the time and motivation to do that. That's pretty lame. Good for you for being persistent!
At least you remembered to sign up for yours--I'll have ANOTHER term of random time slots (4!) scheduled throughout the week all b/c the 4 bright pink papers everywhere in my house weren't enough to get me to stop and do it--and the one time I DID try to start, I realized I have to have my kids w/ me to tell me all those #'s--I would never have stuck w/ it as long as you did! I loved the show and tell forgetting too--that's me w/ Brent's cubscouts right now--all the Moms say their younger boys barely scrape by, unlike their oldest ones that got every badge and arrow--what does that say for me, when my oldest boy is already barely skating by at the last minutes!!??!!--I'm hoping I get better w/ age :)
Post a Comment