I, along with many of you, have been anxiously watching the devastation in Haiti this week. My heart goes out to those suffering people! I feel horribly guilty sitting here in my comfortable home, wasting plenty of clean water, and eating way too much junk food. Sometimes I wish I had the means and resources to jump on a plane and go down there to help, like you hear of many selfless people doing. It's at times like these I'm SO grateful to be a member of the LDS church with its AMAZING Humanitarian Center, near perfect organization, and no political "red tape" to work through to dispense resources! I know that my monthly contributions are spent wisely and honestly. Our Church is always one of the first on the scene for relief for any major disaster. It's times like this I think of the scripture in the book of Matthew ". . . by their fruits ye shall know them," and I know I belong to something great.
And a big thanks to Circe for organizing her own efforts and sharing the opportunity with the neighborhood. I look forward to being able to teach my own children about helping other children in far away parts of the world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Thanks, Amanda. It seems so unfair for us to be so comfortable. Isn't the Church humanitarian aid amazing, though? It's comforting to know they will be there. There are many Haitian LDS in Miami...we went to a Haitian ward there. They have to be helping, too! See you Tues!
Post a Comment