BOY!!! Yep, we'll have 3 boys! I have to admit, I was completely shocked when the doctor gave us the news yesterday during my ultrasound. I had convinced myself more than I had realized that we were having a girl. After all, I come from a family of girls! We shop together, talk on the phone for hours, swap recipes, share decorating tips and ideas, and discuss female-related issues. Just last week I found myself browsing the pink fabrics at the craft store thinking how fun it would be to choose girl things again. Well, I guess not! You could hardly wipe the grin off of Brandon's face until I reminded him of missions, scouting, and all the fun he'll have at father/son camp-out's while I'm living the easy life with Sarah. It was then I saw a look of being a little overwhelmed. I feel a little overwhelmed myself when I think about nursing another boy (my boys have been pretty difficult to breastfeed). And Jonah was SO big, and my guess is this boy will be even bigger! He's already measuring a week ahead. Part of me thinks that one reason Jonah's delivery was so fast was because he was so big! It's scary to think about how fast this next delivery could be. We may not even make it out of the driveway this time!
But all of that aside, I LOVE my boys! Yes, they're busy, loud and throw everything (sorry to anyone who may sit in front of or behind us in church getting constantly clobbered by Geotrax trains and matchbox cars), but boys really are fun! And I know that Heavenly Father knows what's best and I completely trust in that. I know that once this little guy finally gets here we won't want it any different. And I hope that maybe Jonah and our new little guy may have that best friend relationship that Brandon has with his brother and has always wanted for our children. Yes, I think having a boy will be just great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Hooray! Boys love their moms so much. you'll never lack for love! I'm so happy for you. When I found out Ptolemy was a boy, I was surprised and a little sad. those pink fabrics are so cute! But of course he is so perfect, I can't imagine him being anybody else! Congrats!
CONGRATS!!! You know I think Mothers of boys are heroes, of course--though you've been in my hero category for a lifetime. How exciting--and look!, this pregnancy's nearly half-done!
congratulations! we hope the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly and that you make it to the hospital this time :)
Yahoo! If your list made Brandon feel overwhelmed, I have two words: wedding reception.
I think it's the loud, unruly nature of boys that makes their love all the more endearing and sincere.
It's gonna be great!!! Can't wait to meet the kid!
Hooray for having 3 BOYS! We'll have that in common! It is great having 3. Maybe your next one will be a girl! :) I had the same shock with my 3 because I was so used to girls with 4 sisters! I'm happy for you! Jon's sister (whom we just visited in MI) had her 4th baby yesterday and now she has 1 girl (her oldest) and 3 boys! I wish I was there to be of help to you in some way!
I am so behind, congrats, I didn't even know you were expecting. I'm so happy for you! Three boys, you will be busy that's for sure. They are so worth it! PS did you know that Scott is getting married in March?
Post a Comment