This week Brandon's been out of town. He only goes out of town twice a year: once for this engineering conference and once for the deer hunt. I'm so grateful to not have him gone weekly, like my dad was growing up. I've found that my reliance on him has made me weak, so that when he IS gone it's a HUGE deal to me and the kids.
Brandon left me these chocolates at the beginning of the week to get me through the week. He knows chocolate is one of my true loves. The problem is, and I'm embarrassed to admit, that this box was empty after the 1st afternoon! Ahh! What to do the rest of the week!
One of Brandon's concerns about me when we first got married was how independent I was and that I wouldn't need him. After all, I'd lived on my own and far away from home for 8 years by the time we got married. It's amazing how quickly marriage can change all that. Normally he takes care of all of the little problems with the house and helps at night with the kids. I'm so spoiled!
I've tried really hard this week to take things easy so there's more of me to give to my children. I thought about taking on some projects while Brandon was away, but consciously didn't so I wouldn't be at my wits end with the kids. So even with the temper tantrums, Jonah throwing hard objects at my face, pulling my hair and dumping out a large bag of pearler beads, fighting with Jacob to do his homework, the wild, silly run around screaming rough-housing where someone always gets hurt and mommy wants to pull her hair out, finding water in the basement, and our furnace going out in the middle of a cold night I was still able to remain calm.
Hurry home, honey! If the incoming storm down south keeps him from getting home tonight, you may see a couple of kids up for auction on this blog! (And they'll go to the faster bidder, not the highest!)

4 comments:
LOL yes I think I know what you're talking about. It seems when Beckett is not here the girls decide to get sick, don't sleep, and I'm constantly checking on them for one reason or another throughout the night. It's the worst when that happens. But oh it's Friday... the day daddys all around the world come home and peace is restored once more. Good job making it through the week, Man. Wish I could have been there to help!
How sweet of Brandon to leave the chocolates! Good job handling the unexpected. I hope you have a GREAT weekend :)
I love that the chocolates were gone the first day. Next time, he should leave a treat for each day to give you something to live for! :) good luck!
I'm sorry I didn't know; I wish I had helped.
(Although I giggled at how you portrayed your children's secret scheming session. I'm glad your sense of humor remained intact. Mine flees in a hurry when daddy is gone.)
Post a Comment