Apparently I'm a St. Patrick's Day Grinch because my kids wrote the leprechauns a note last night which I threw away. And then this morning when they woke up they scoured the house looking for gifts the leprechauns had left them. I sent Daddy to tell them that leprechauns don't exist. His response was, "What? And destroy their dreams?" "Yep!" I said! "We're not starting that tradition and I have no interest in entertaining it." So we crushed their dreams of little leprechaun gifts, to which Sarah responded, "But Mom, they don't come if you don't believe! This is all YOUR fault because you didn't believe!" Oh well! I'll be the Grinch for this holiday!
I can't be all that bad because Sarah and I did make these cute rainbow sugar cookies I saw online for St. Patrick's Day. It was a little labor intensive to make a huge batch, so we settled for a small batch and had a great time together.
Sarah with an End o' the Rainbow cookie!
My mom even sent us a St. Patrick's Day package this week which was fun and very unexpected. She sent green suckers and green bracelets for the kids! Brandon got a green stick-on mustache while I got a green mustache necklace! Wow! Who even knew those existed? It gave us quite a laugh! Mom, you come up with some weird stuff! I tried to convince Brandon to wear his mustache to his Bishopric meeting this morning, but he forgot. Bummer. I'm almost positive that wasn't on purpose. Oh well. Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!




1 comment:
LOVE THIS!! Leprechauns?!!? Who knew they brought gifts--that is hysterical!!--and the greeen moustaches!--what is it w/ moustaches lately!!--I feel like I'm living on another planet! So good to see you at the temple the other night :)
Post a Comment