Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fall Firsts

In an attempt to punch out a month's worth of blogs into one entry I'm going to see if I can get all these pictures to fit into the category of firsts for our family.  Here we go:
 
 Jacob and Sarah's 1st day of school!
 
 Jacob was excited to be in 3rd grade this year!
 
 Sarah was determined to be brave and make 2nd grade the 1st year she didn't cry on the 1st day of school.  She let me take her picture but was afraid if she smiled she's lose the battle to tears.  She did it!  No crying!  Great job, Sarah!  You're growing up!
 
 Here's Jonah on his 1st day of preschool!  He was so excited!  We mainstreamed him into a regular preschool classroom this year where he could still receive special ed and speech/language services.  I wanted him to get used to having 16 kids in his class while he still had several teachers in the classroom to help him in preparation for Kindergarten next year when there will be 1 teacher and 25 students.  To be honest, the special service teachers haven't been great this year, but his 2 regular ed teachers have been awesome, which has been okay since that's who he spends most of his time with anyway!
 
 At the young age of 4 Jonah lost his 1st tooth!  A week before the dental hygienist at his dental check up didn't believe me when I said it was loose.  Then when she saw that it WAS loose they ordered an x-ray of it convinced that Jonah must have bumped it.  Nobody listens to the mom who says all of her kids were early teethers and thus loose their teeth early too!  They may be the experts on teeth, but I'm the expert on my kids!  I had to bite my lip from smiling my I-told-you-so smile when the x-ray came back showing that indeed his permanent tooth was on its way in pushing his baby tooth out of the way.
 
 Brandon, Dad, Justin, Amy, Me and Mom for the 1st time to see Kristen march in the BYU Marching Band!
 
 Kristen, Mom and Jacob after Jacob's 1st BYU football game.
 
 Dad, Mom, me and Brandon to see Kristen's 1st Symphonic Band concert!  We're going to get so cultured having Kristen around to expose us to all this music!  Hurray!
 
 Jacob is our 1st son to earn his Wolf Cub Scout award!
 
Jacob pinning Mom!  The Scout Leader makes the boys choose between kissing their moms or kissing a toilet plunger.  It was a tough choice for Jacob.  He seriously debated.  Luckily, he chose me.  That's pretty sad that I almost lost to a toilet plunger!:)

No comments: