Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Christmas Festivities

Thanksgiving was just the beginning of our holiday festivities this year!  We ended up hosting a number of parties in our home.  We're so grateful for our home and that it allows us to entertain so many friends and family.  Now if I could just get it decorated so it looks nice too!
 
 The kids got their ornaments for 2012.  I try to pick something that represents their year a little or something they really like at that age.  Jacob became a hard-core BYU fan this year!  Ahh, he takes after his mother!
 
 Sarah got a Tangled ornament since that was her favorite movie and princess this year.
 
 Jonah was all about his "super speedy bike" this year so I found a little red bike ornament.
 
 Nathan was sad he wasn't allowed to play with his ornament so he did NOT want his picture taken.  I looked high and low for a lawn mower ornament because he was absolutely obsessed with mowing the lawn with his daddy.  Winter was a sad time for him when no mowing happens.  He begged Daddy EVERY DAY to "Mowner lawn, Daddy?"  Brandon likes a nice looking yard, but evey day is too much mowing even for him.
 
 We got to visit Santa.  Nobody was scared this year!
 
 We saw the lights at Temple Square!
 
 One of our parties was Brandon's work party.  Kimber and I convinced our husbands to allow us to have it catered this year.  Olive Garden dinner was enjoyed by all.  We saved a little money by getting cheesecakes from Sam's Club instead of the expensive cheesecake from The Olive Garden.  Yum!
 
In addition to a New Year's Eve and some football parties, we also hosted a neighborhood culd-e-sac party that I failed to get pictures of.  I was REALLY unhappy about doing that party.  We fed dinner to something like 50 people, visited, and played a game.  Hopefully our turn is fulfilled for many years.
 
 We had our annual family nativity FHE as well.  What a cute bunch!  I don't know if you can see it but 3 of my nieces in the back on the right used their long hair to make beards so they could be the 3 wise men.  Hilarious!
 
 Shauna filled the role of Nanny this year in reading the children Christmas stories.
 
Sarah made a snowman!  I love that girl!  It was a fun and crazy month.  Just looking at these pictures makes me grateful for spring and summer.  I need a little time before winter comes around again.

No comments: