Monday, May 6, 2013

Halloween!

We had another Happy Halloween!
 We made our yearly trip to the pumpkin patch with Brett's family.  The kids had fun in the maze.  Can you see the dust in the air?  It was yucky!
 
 Then it's back to our house for donuts and hot chocolate!
 
 We actually had our own pumpkin patch this year in our garden!  We over-planted the pumpkins thinking some wouldn't survive . . . but they all did.  We were BEGGING people to come take pumpkins!  Here's Jacob on his choice of pumpkins! (Dang Blogger!  Turn my pictures back!)
 
 We donated 45 jack-be-little pumpkins to Jonah's preschool and STILL were begging people to come take more!  We probably had over 100 little pumpkins!
 
 Nathan loved the "punkins!"
 
 Sarah, Emma and Annie scout out their pumpkins for the year!
 
 Carving time!
 
 I've always wanted to make dinner in a pumpkin and since we had SO  many extra pumpkins this year I did!  It was yummy!  We'll do that again!
 
 Jacob the spooky skeleton!  Jonah and Nathan were NOT fans of this costume.  They don't do scary!
 
 Sarah the Indian Princess.  My mom sewed this costume for me and I wore it when I was 7.  Now it's Sarah's turn.  My mom tried to find a picture of me to put next to this one of Sarah but no such luck.
 
 Jonah was Woody!  I don't know how many more years I'll be able to talk Jonah into wearing Jacob's old costumes.  It sure is a nice money saver!
 
 Nathan the cute little lion!
 
Here's Nathan, Sarah, Jonah and Jacob with the jack-o-lanterns they designed themselves.  They got TONS of candy this year.  The sight of it made me sick to think of them eating all that sugar!  I sent a gallon bag of it to work with Brandon and put another gallon bag in our food storage.  There was still TONS left.  I'm sure it'll only get worse as they get older!

1 comment:

Asherbie said...

Hey... that's the Indian dress that I wore for like 3 years in a row! Hope Sarah appreciates it's history!