Every year for UEA I take a deep breath, brace myself and offer to take my kids to see the witches at Gardner Village! It's darling and the kids love to see the witches, but it's SO crowded! All the other moms in the state of Utah with kids out of school and needing to entertain them and seem like a "Fun Mom" apparently have the same great idea I do! Well, this year our school sent out a flyer for the Scarecrow Festival down in South Jordan. I'd never heard of it before, but I held onto the flyer and convinced my neighbor to bring her 3 boys and try it out with us! Holy cow! We're never going back to the witches again! It was AWESOME!!! Instead of staying the morning like we had planned, we spent the entire day because it was so AWESOME we couldn't leave. A school for struggling teens puts the festival on right in the middle of their campus. EVERYTHING is FREE, well, except the food. There were LDS senior couple missionaries there that help the kids at the school, and help them organize and run the festival. What was great was that there was something for everyone. There are little jump houses and tot areas for the little ones, and as you'll see totally awesome bigger things for the big kids.
Jacob and his buddy, Tyler, got to run around in this giant gerbil ball! It was hilarious to watch them try to stay upright in the ball.
Jacob peeks out of the ball!
The bungee jumping was fun but harder than it looked to do. Jacob had a hard time actually making contact with the trampoline so he could jump.
I love Sarah! She's so tough! We went with all these boys and while they were waiting in line to bungee jump they were bragging about all the flips and sweet moves they were going to do as they watched the other jumpers. But when it was their turn they could barely jump. It was hard! Not a one of them did a single trick! Then there's Sarah! She flipped like crazy and did all the cool stuff! She was the littlest and the coolest! Way to show up the boys, Sarah!
Man! Blogger's still flipping my pictures! So annoying! This is the Tower or Terror. It's not exactly the scary tower I pictured in my mind when I heard Tower of Terror. Fun terror is much better than scary terror!
Jacob at the top!
Sarah got to the top too! There was no way Jonah would try that thing! And I was fine with that because if he got stuck I didn't want to have to climb up there and fish him out!
Nathan and Jonah loved this little train ride around campus. Thanks, Sarah, for helping Nathan!
The kids also got to make their own little rockets (for free!) that they got to take home and keep! They put them on these rocket launchers and shot them WAY high up in the air! So fun! We were lucky enough to have perfect weather making it a super fun day! There were lots of other things we did too that I didn't get pictures of. We can't wait for next year, but SHHHHHH! Don't pass it around too much because we don't want it to become too crowded!










No comments:
Post a Comment