We hosted Thanksgiving at our home again this year. We love having it at our house! We had 28 people and it was so fun! One of the great things about hosting is that everyone is so willing to lighten your load they'll do ANYTHING to help! I delegated out A LOT of the food . . . even the Thanksgiving turkey (thanks, Shauna)! Here are a few pictures of our day!
Look at this! Blogger is turning my picture right again! Hurray! Here's our Thanksgiving table ready for feasting! Everyone walked in, took one look at that LONG table and said, "Are there really that many of us?" YEP!!!
Here's a place setting. I know a lot of you may think it's lame to use paper products on a nice dinner like Thanksgiving. Some people have very strong feelings about it! But for one, I don't have enough dishes to feed that many people. And even using paper products, there's still a lot of dishes to wash! I found the cute pilgrim hat ideas from Pottery Barn, but your buy them for way too much money. I thought, "I can make those!" They were easy! I filled them up with popcorn and candy corns.
Because I delegated out so much of the food I decided to make my own pies this year completely from scratch! Again, I know a lot of people do this every year, but I don't. I made an apple, razzleberry and chocolate cream. Shauna brought some banana cream pies as well. I used the crust recipe from Our Best Bites and they turned out very yummy! Very flaky crusts!
Now on to the feasting! Here's Justin, Amy and little Caleb! Amy made TONS of REALLY yummy food! What would we do without you, Amy?! You make all of our tummies happy!
Nathan with his best bud - his dad!
Sarah with Annie and Naomi! Such cute girls!
Jonah wanted to show off one of his preschool crafts, a cute pine cone turkey.
What a wonderful day of eating, visiting, playing games with cousins, watching movies, and more visiting! We hope we get to host next year!









No comments:
Post a Comment